Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday!

On Sunday, my big boy Jonathan turned 2! I can hardly believe that he's already 2. We got him a t-shirt at the craft fair at the Odeum that announced his new age for his birthday. His cute t-shirt announces that my little man is 2. We celebrated on Saturday so that he could celebrate with Kerry's parents on his actual birthday. Unfortunately, he wasn't feeling well (turns out he has Thrush), but we still had fun. We went to this children's play place called Monkey Joe's (www.monkeyjoes.com), and let Jonathan play to his hearts content. Monkey Joe's is entirely inflatable bounce houses with slides. It is geared towards kids ages 2-12. Jonathan had a blast!

Jonathan's riding on the Lochness Monster (which he called a dinosaur)

Riding on the turtle

Going down the Pinball slide (the slide looks a like a giant pinball machine)

Going down a VERY fast slide where he bit his tounge.

Now, you may ask, what was Bella doing while Jonathan played and ran around like a wild man. Well, Bella did what Bella does best.


After playing at Monkey Joe's, we came home to have pizza, cake and presents. But, it didn't go so well since Jonathan wasn't feeling well and his daddy didn't show up on time. So, after dinner, I took Jonathan and Bella for a walk. On our way home, we got caught in the rain. 3 very handsome firemen were on a walk while I was stopped under a tree (hiding from the rain). They offered me assistance, but I couldn't bring myself to wake up the little boy who had falled asleep.

So, I parked the boy in the garage to sleep while I took Bella in to clean her up after she spit up all over herself in the sling during the walk. But, after an hour nap, I had to wake him up to have cake! We got his cake from our FAVORITE bakery (the Lilac Bakery in Lombard).

Complete with dinosaurs, and icing in his favorite color, lellow! The green icing looked like dinosaur tracks on his cake. It was so good!

He was such a pro at blowing out his own candle! He did not need any help from anyone and got it on the first try. I was so impressed. As soon as the candle was blown out, he reached for the dinosaurs.

While the rest of us ate cake, Bella hung out with her Papa (in her clean outfit complete with a bib). After cake, Jonathan opened his presents. He got a big wheel, some dinosaurs, a couple books, and some counting animal bath toys.

Jonathan loved his dinosaurs.
He is such a big boy on his big wheel (which was a PAIN to assemble). But he rode it all over the house! And before going home, Bella was chilling out in the vibrating bottom rocking chair and she was too cute to not take a picture of!


All in all, Jonathan had a great birthday. I got Jonathan packed into the car with his presents and before he left he says to me "love you too auntie" and I got a kiss from the birthday boy. I can hardly believe the little boy is 2. He's not so little anymore either. Where did the time go?

2 comments:

Deon said...

Happy birthday, Jonathan! I adore the picture which is third from the bottom--he looks handsome enough to be on "The Bachelor!"

Ashley said...

Haha, what a fun little playground--a child's paradise! Happy Birthday Jonathan! I'm glad you have these cute little kiddies to keep you entertained all day long!