Sunday, March 4, 2012

My life...pt 2

Well, now that I have a broken heart, I shall do what all girls do and I drool over shoes.



With my girlfriend's wedding coming up in August, these would go PERFECTLY with my dress. Too bad they are almost $100 and I can't justify spending that on a pair of shoes. But I shall stare at them none the less while my broken heart heals.

Yes, you read that correctly. Jonathan and I are no longer together. He ran into his ex girlfriend and is now unsure about whether his feelings are for me or are for his ex. So, i'm crushed. And my mom keeps telling me to get back out there and start dating again. But I am not ready for that and while it annoys the heck out of her, I am still holding out hope that he'll come to his senses here soon and say he's made a mistake. I know it's dumb but I'm head over heels for this guy.

How's my dad you ask? He made it through surgery (only threatened to sue the head of Edward's hospital for about 6 hours afterwards). He didn't make any nurses cry this time. Those people who said that this surgery would be worse than his knee replacement were absolutely correct. We battled the pain monster for most of the day. By the time mom & I left the hospital, it was 2am. It turns out one of us should have stayed with him because the pain monster took control about 4am. The doctors kept him Tuesday to get his pain under control and he came home Wednesday.

Mom and I trade off who has "dad duty" at night. He can't lay in bed as it's too uncomfortable so he sleeps in the recliner. With his c-pap machine (for his sleep apnea) he can't put that on without help or take it off on his own, so whoever is "on duty" sleeps on the sofa next to the chair so we can get up with him in the middle of the night. He usually wakes up every 2-3 hours to move around or sit up (or to have his pillows adjusted, blanket on him more, a drink of water etc). He's up every 4 hours to go to the bathroom so by the time morning comes we haven't gotten much sleep. Mom's been doing most of the duty this week as I am back to my normal work routine and am so upset that it's easier for me to sleep in bed.

Dad starts physical therapy this week but I don't know what all they are going to do with him because he still has to keep his arm/shoulder completely immobilized at all times. It will be nice to get him out of the house for a little while a few times a week. We've also called some of his friends and they come visit once a week. We are still planning on driving to Florida in a few weeks. We told the doctor that if he doesn't clear my dad to travel, that the doctor will be babysitting him while mom & i go because we are going whether the doctor says so or not. I need to get away. I need to put my feet in the sand and try to get away for a while.

In the midst of it all, the fuse box blew in my car and since my car is no longer produced (pontiac grand am) they had to find a part. It's a pain to try to get it fixed because we can't leave dad home alone. Thankfully, our family mechanic is doing his best to make this as easy as possible. So while I'm in this dark hole, I will stare at cute shoes.

I know what I am going through pales in comparison to what ya'll are dealing with, but it still hurts. Will staring at cute shoes help you at all?

No comments: