Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Dad

So. How do I say this. My dad got hit by a car on Thursday. He was crossing the street at 6am in front of church and he got hit by a car. The even scarier thing....hours earlier I had dreamed that my father was hit by a car at that very intersection. Spooky right?

Dad is ok. Well, he's sore, has some bumps/bruises/scrapes but for the most part is alright. He got hit on his right side and landed on his left. The good thing about being hit on his right side is that it is the side that he had his knee replaced 2 years ago. So, for all intents and purposes, my fathers new titanium knee saved him from getting hurt worse. The doctors agree that had this been a regular knee and not a titanium one, he would have broken his knee. The only thing that is really damaged is his left shoulder. After getting hit, he went on to church, sat through men's bible study and then walked home. Yup! He WALKED home! Hours later, his shoulder hurt so bad he called the doctor who told him to go to the ER. The doctor in the ER ran tests and all that stuff, to determine that he had soft tissue damage which was probably the result of a torn rotator cuff but the swelling was making that diagnosis impossible. After a trip to the police station (to fill out the accident report) and more doctors visits, he had an MRI today to see what the status of his shoulder really is. He is unable to work or drive at the moment so he is laying around the house not doing much.

As for the person who hit my father? We know him. He is a friend of my fathers. He attends the same church and even the same Thursday morning bible study. He has been great in this whole thing and feels horrible about what happened. He calls all the time to check in on dad and to make sure he doesn't need anything. I can't begin to imagine the guilt he feels. Maybe I'll make him some brownies.

So, that's my life in a nutshell. Dad got hit by a car. I have been battling a cold. I hope it doesn't snow.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Love to you all! I'm so glad it wasn't worse! I hope he recovers quickly. I'm so impressed by your wonderful attitude toward the friend in the car. Good for you, Kat. Hugs.

Deon said...

Amen to all that Ash said. Your kindness toward the friend must be such a blessing to him. A quick and full recovery to your dad!