Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Home sweet home...or it was. For as much as I didn't really enjoy high school, its still that place that has those weird/bizarre memories. Like going off the diving board in a garbage can during Kayaking, although the box was much more fun. But anyways, NCHS is being "remodeled". The SPS hallway has been torn down and a lot of the 3 story wing has been gutted (or torn down to studs). But the day before demolition started, the general public was allowed to tour the school.


Our class's mural. Ah the memories of our class. Not many good memories. My favorite is graduating in the POURING rain. Best idea ever! Some of my favorite places were:

The Little Theater

The High Ropes Course/Rock Wall

The murals painted on the walls, especially this one.

The mural in Mrs. Jarman's bathroom in the pit.


What's left of the tile in the long hallway/commons (mmmm...asbestos)

Mr. Paulsen was my tour guide. He's my hero.

Oh NCHS, you'll always have a special place in my heart.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I remember high school as mostly good times, though I would never want to repeat them.

Going off the diving board in an industrial-sized garbage can and a cardboard box? Who on earth was your parter in crime in that little escapade? And why on earth did Mr. S (can't remember his name?) let us do that?! I mean, let you and your partner in crime (whoever that may be) do that?!

This makes me kind of sad, although I doubt I would ever have visited the school again, so I'm not sure why. I'm glad you got to go have one last look. That would have been fun for me.

Ashley said...

Or maybe it wasn't Mr. S, but I do remember calling him Señor something...

Kathleen said...

Mr. Salentine! Do you remember going off the diving board in the kayaks? Or going to the park for a picnic lunch during open campus? Somewhere, I still have the list of all the guys I crushed on. =)

Jordan said...

I remember so well those lovely picnics.

I do not, however, remember going off in the actual kayak. THAT I cannot believe Señor Salentine let us do!

Ashley said...

Aaaaand, that was me, of course. :P

Kathleen said...

We did it in the kayak. Two people were behind pushing the person in the kayak into the pool. We got away with murder in that class. So long as we were in the pool I don't think he cared.